The error may occur if Norton cannot shut down all drivers necessary for installing patches. To resolve this problem, restart your computer and rerun LiveUpdate.
Restart the computer
- Exit all programs.
- Restart the computer.
Run LiveUpdate again
- Launch your Norton device security product.
Click Open if the My Norton window appears with Device Security as a section.
- Double-click Security in the main window before choosing LiveUpdate in its submenu.
- Once LiveUpdate has finished updating your Norton product, click Finish before closing this tab.
- Run LiveUpdate until it displays “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates.”
- Then, close all applications and restart your computer.