To resolve this error, close all programs and restart your computer. If that does not fix it, run LiveUpdate before rebooting, closing, and opening your Norton device security product if it appears within My Norton > Device Security in My Norton window (at the top right).
- To open Device Security again when prompted.
- Double-click Security, then LiveUpdate in the Norton product main window to update LiveUpdate.
- Once Norton LiveUpdate has finished updating, press OK.
- Run LiveUpdate, and you will see the message “Your Norton product now contains the most up-to-date protection updates.”
- Restart the computer.
If the issue persists, use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Download and run this tool before running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool; for best results, uninstall Norton Family before beginning to use this tool.
- Download and save the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool onto the Windows desktop, although some browsers automatically save the file to its default location.
- Open the Downloads window in your browser and press Ctrl + J.
- Double-click NRnR icon;
- Read the license agreement agreement, agree, then click Agree before finally Click Remove & Reinstall
You may see a Remove button if your Norton product comes from your service provider. In that instance, either select Continue or Remove before clicking Restart Now to complete. Once your computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Norton product.